NELMA Partners with Connected Health To Benefit Member Employers
As announced to the NELMA membership last week, the Association is excited to officially announce our partnership with Connected Health, the developer of an advanced online platform that will assist employers when analyzing and determining health care options for their employees. The Smart Choices™ Marketplace provides employees with valuable resources and tools to navigate today’s complex world of securing health care options. For employers, particularly those with less than 50 employees, the Marketplace provides companies with an alternative to any current health plan offerings while easing the burden of administrative requirements mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
Here are just a few of the benefits for you as an employer and your employees:
For Employers with fewer than 50 employees:
- Eliminate the costs, complexity and administrative burden associated with sponsoring a group health plan without sending your employees to the not-so-friendly federal/state online exchange.
- Employees in most cases will obtain a more affordable plan via the Smart Choices™ Marketplace; if you offer a group plan your employees are not currently eligible for subsidies or premium credits.
- Purchasing power without retaining risk.
For Your Employees:
- The Smart Choices™ Marketplace is a secure online shopping site where your employees can shop for individual health insurance. They can even shop and apply for plans that allow them to use a premium tax-credit, if they are eligible.
- One size does not fit all. The Marketplace works with the top insurance carriers in the country allowing each person to choose the best plan for them.
- Personalized recommendations take the guess work out of selecting health coverage. Employees can narrow down their personal choices according to their unique needs and budget.
For Employers with more than 50 employees:
Larger employers may consider offering the Marketplace to non-eligible employees and upon termination as an option for insurance in conjunction with COBRA. In most cases your employees will save money and obtain a comparable plan.
The Smart Choices™ Marketplace is available to you for your employees at no cost upon sign-up.
For more details, check out the “How It Works” and “FAQ” tabs under the Marketplace’s website at http://nelma.chgenie.com And to speak with someone directly for more information on the program and how it may meet your specific company’s needs, contact Ken LeGendre @ (617) 351-7459 , or by email at email@example.com.