The Northeastern Lumber Manufacturers Association (NELMA) is pleased to announce the 2015 Safety Award winners, honoring the 2014 calendar year lumber manufacturers’ safety performances. These Awards are given annually in three categories – Planer Operations, Sawmill Operations, and the Combined Operations /High-Honors Awards. Each category has multiple Division winners based on total operational man-hours and/or accident free man hours as reported to NELMA.
Earning Top Honors, first place awards for the five divisions of Combined Sawmill and Planer Operations go to:
- Brojack Lumber, Scott Township, Pennsylvania (Division 1)
- Johnson Lumber, Carthage, New York (Division 2)
- Limington Lumber, E. Baldwin, Maine (Division 3)
- Madison Lumber Mill, W. Ossipee, New Hampshire (Division 4)
- Moose River Lumber, Jackman, Maine (Division 5)
For the four divisions of the Sawmill Category, first place was awarded to:
- Lamell Lumber, Essex Junction, Vermont (Division 1)
- Hancock Lumber, Pittsfield, Maine mill (Division 2)
- Milan Lumber, Milan, New Hampshire (Division 3)
- Pleasant River Lumber, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine (Division 4)
For the five divisions within the Planer Category, first place was earned by:
- Mill River Lumber, No. Clarendon, Vermont (Division 1)
- Pleasant River Lumber, Sanford, Maine (Division 2)
- Pleasant River Lumber, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine (Division 3)
- Fraser Timber, Masardis, Maine (Division 4)
- Irving Forest Products, Dixfield, Maine (Division 5)
Congratulation to these award winning mills, their management and employees, for outstanding safety performances in 2014.
For a complete list of all winners click here .