news & updates

Northeastern Softwood Lumber Shipments Rise in First Half of 2015

Led by the highest volume of Dimension lumber in more than 8 years, total shipments of lumber from NELMA member mills for the first 6 months of 2015 totaled 444.9 million board feet. Dimension lumber, primarily construction grade material produced from species within the Spruce-Pine-Fir grouping, accounted for 54% of the overall total, or 241.9 million board feet. Shipments of Eastern White Pine made up the remaining 46% (203 million board feet), predominately appearance grade boards.

Compared to the same period of 2014, Dimension shipments are up a whopping 19.5%, while Eastern White Pine matched the previous year’s total. Overall, 2015 shipments were up by 9.7% versus the first 6 months of 2014.

Shipments by month for 2007-2015 are depicted in the graphs below for both Dimension and Eastern White Pine lumber:

EWP Shipment Graph
Note: The 2015 shipment data line is not visible for some months as the data is running mostly parallel to 2013’s shipments

Dimension Lumber Graph


A Swatch Book of Eastern White Pine Grades

Eastern White Pine Swatch Book This unique informational marketing item takes on ...

A Day in the Life of a Lumber Mill

Check out these videos shot at Limington Lumber in East Baldwin, ...

Colonial Cottages: Eastern White Pine in 17th Century Massachusetts

Built in 1636, the oldest wooden house in America remains in ...